"Because you finally understood, best friends aren't really there."

I used to stop by just to see you smile
We would flirt, joke, and talk for a while
For some reason at the time it just felt right
Just having a someone who understood was a delight
Then when my confidence hits its best
We'll start to hang out less and less
I'll start to wonder what i did wrong
Especially since our friendship started out strong
Consider me your friend
Until you do that stupid shit again
I believed all you told
Then you left me hanging out so cold
And now I've learned that
What we had was never real
Thought you were my friend
I was wrong this time
Finally I'll have to learn to move on
As the friendship we built is gone.

I used to stop by just to see you smile
We would flirt, joke, and talk for a while
For some reason at the time it just felt right
Just having a someone who understood was a delight
Then when my confidence hits its best
We'll start to hang out less and less
I'll start to wonder what i did wrong
Especially since our friendship started out strong
Consider me your friend
Until you do that stupid shit again
I believed all you told
Then you left me hanging out so cold
And now I've learned that
What we had was never real
Thought you were my friend
I was wrong this time
Finally I'll have to learn to move on
As the friendship we built is gone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home